Labels

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

finding short stories for genre study

Hello Everyone.  I know this post would be better on the site Sarah told us about on the last day of class, but I was in such a fog, I really can't remember anything about it.  Anyway, I am looking for short stories for middle school (or upper elementary) to teach different literary genres.  I have found excellent examples for  poetry, science fiction, and fiction but am looking for examples of fantasy, historical fiction, biography (if possible), and autobiography (I was thinking about just looking for a chapter in a larger chunk of text).  I have already taught a million Edgar Allen Poe stories with them and also "The Lottery".  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Hope you all are well

No comments:

Post a Comment